Nucleus Wealth’s Head of Investments Damien Klassen was recently featured on the Australian Investors Podcast with Owen Rask of Rask Australia. Check out the episode in webinar or podcast form
Owen’s key takeaways from the discussion were:
- Shares, property and bonds were already overpriced leading into the crisis. For example, he believed shares were priced 30% above their historical average. This is a view I tend to agree with (hence why Rask Invest had so much cash pre-COVID-19).
- So far, the Australian Government’s stimulus measures have been blunt and will likely prove to be ineffective because they are incentivising the wrong behaviour.
- Australian banks and banking stocks will find it very difficult to return to their former glory as the RBA tries to manage the yield curve such that banks can remain profitable and interest rates can be accommodative to consumers and businesses.
- Australian house prices are facing a very grim few months.
- Damien is waiting to see if/when credit markets unlock before aggressively putting money back into the market. That said…
- Damien already has a long list of high-quality companies he is working through, analysing them from a quantitative perspective, with a view to quality and value.
Take us on your daily commute! Podcasts now available on iTunes and all major Android Podcast Platforms for Nucleus Insights.