The strong rebound in Australian property values has come to a shuddering halt with the Coronavirus lockdown. Auction clearance rates and buyer sentiment have collapsed, unemployment is surging, and mortgage availability is tightening. All of which points to declines in Australian property values. Yet these headwinds pale next to the looming headwind of heavy falls in mass immigration over the medium term…
In today’s investment webinar, Nucleus Wealth’s Head of Investments Damien Klassen, Chief Economist Leith van Onselen, Chief Strategist David Llewellyn Smith and Head of Operations Tim Fuller discuss the ultimate victim of Coronavirus, Australian property prices.
- Coronavirus a unique challenge to Australian property and growth model as a whole
- Mass immigration and international students
- Foreign buyers’ role in Australian property
- Rental crash
- 1.3 million loss making landlords
- Policy exhaustion and options
Take us on your daily commute! Nucleus Investment Insights is available in Podcast form on iTunes and all major Android Podcast Platforms.
Tim Fuller is Head of Operations at Nucleus Wealth.